Attorney, Managing Partner
- BA, Oral Roberts University
- J.D., O.W. Coburn School of Law at Oral Roberts University
- Virginia State Bar
- US Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eight Circuit Court of Appeals
Areas of Focus:
- Trust and Estate planning
- Asset Protection planning
- Business planning and succession
- Business Transactions
- Real Estate Transactions
- Executive Board of Directors, Towne Bank Chesapeake
- Foundation Board of Directors, Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation
- Executive Committee Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation Board of Directors
- Co-Chairman, Chesapeake Regional Health Foundation Gala
- Member, Wealth Counsel – nationwide organization of attorneys who specialize in estate and asset protection planning and business succession
- President of the Chesapeake Rotary Club and Paul Harris Fellow
- Executive Board, Chesapeake Rotary Club Wine Festival
- Board of Directors, Chesapeake Rotary Foundation
When I left for law school it was with the intention to go into the FBI and become a special agent. During that time it became apparent to me that I enjoyed the challenge of dealing with complex situations – which led me away from the FBI and into the practice of law. During my many years of practicing law I have participated in several high-profile constitutional cases in the federal and state court systems across the United States. In 1989 I founded what is now Davis Law Group, P.C. to focus on the needs of business owners and their families. While doing this, we created The Family Legacy Process©, a unique system designed to provide strategies and solutions for clients interested in protecting their family values, individual and business assets. Today Davis Law Group is a law firm that is still firmly rooted in helping individuals find solutions to complex legal issues involving asset protection, trust and estate planning, probate and trust administration, business transactions, real estate, and civil disputes.
My grandfather had a tremendous influence on me. He was a wheat farmer in Kansas and I had the privilege of living with he and my grandmother and working on their farm for a short time as a young teenager. I learned a lot about hard work and many life lessons during that time. He didn’t speak much, so when he did – you listened. He was a hard worker, resourceful (if something broke, he fixed it with whatever was on hand), he always had a solution – there was no such thing as ‘it can’t be done’! He was a generous man and a man of character and integrity – the one everyone in the community went to see if they had a problem. He also taught me a lot about my faith in God by the way he lived his life, not just by what he said.
Favorite thing about my job:
I enjoy working with people and helping them achieve their objectives and goals. I also enjoy providing common sense solutions to difficult situations and making complex legal issues easy to understand.
In my spare time:
I enjoy biking (yes, with spandex), hunting, reading nonfiction, chess, traveling and eating at local restaurants with my wife, Cheryl. I also enjoy spending time with our four children and eight grandchildren in the great City of Chesapeake!